As part of our Roald Dahl on Film season, we’ve teamed up with Into Film Cymru and we’re inviting young people to create programme notes, reviews or draw a picture for these Roald Dahl family friendly films.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Fantastic Mr Fox
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- James And The Giant Peach
- The Witches
- Esio Trot
- Danny Champion of the World
We’ll supply the reviews to our Roald Dahl on Film partner cinemas for audiences to read (if received in advance of screenings) and we’ll also publish them on our website yma, so that other venues across the UK will also be able to download them.
The season runs from July up until the end of September, including Roald Dahl Day on the 13th September – 100 years since Dahl’s birth.
Reviews should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 and should be sent to Into Film Cymru at:
31 Islington Green
by 31st August, 2016 with the following information:
- First name
- Teacher’s name
Parents, carers and teachers can also email reviews to email@example.com – please note that Into Film Cymru don’t accept emails directly from under 18s.
Some handy tips for your review…
- Why do you like this film (what don’t you like?)
- What is the main character like? (what makes them special)
- What do you like about the look of the film? (colours/landscapes, etc)
- How does the Director use sounds and music to create mood/suspense/does a character have their own theme tune?
- Do you know what the difference is between the book and the film?
- What is the best scene in the film? (and why)
- What do you think the film is about? Is there a key message?
Enter the world of Roald Dahl and play the game online at www.roalddahlonfilm.com
Join the conversation at #RoaldDahlonFilm